4 months ago
There are just four weeks remaining in Finastra’s Hack to the Future Challenge! Submissions are due by December 5th at 11:45 PST (2:45am EDT, December 6th).
Prepare your video
We know as devs you’re expertise lies in building the software - so keep building! - however, the submission video needs time too! It's often the first (and sometimes only!) thing that judges review.
Your video tells the story behind your submission, providing a clear to showcase your software and talent in a video:
- Establish your elevator pitch. In the first few seconds of your video, explain how your solution utilizes at least one Finastra API and relates to one or more of the listed industries (see website for details)
- Within 60 seconds, viewers tend to lose interest, so use this time wisely to keep them engaged!
- Show, don't tell. Providing real life context and showing users firsthand how your app/platform benefits users will help judges and voters understand and appreciate your solution.
- Keep it simple. Your video shouldn't be longer than three minutes.
- Don't wait until the last minute to upload your video. Due to file size, format, and your Internet connection, uploading a video to YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku could take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours.
- Get organized. Write out a script of what you’ll say and demonstrate in your video and rehearse it before recording. Essentially a good script should talk about:
- The problem that your potential customers face
- Existing solutions to the problem
- The solution that your project provides
- How the app/platform provides it and uses Finastra APIs
We can’t wait to see your solution and how you showcase it in your video.
Lights, Camera, Action!
If you have any questions about the hackathon, please post on the discussion forum.